UPDATE: see the latest news on this competition.
… Good SF and Fantasy written in less than 140 characters?
Impossible! – Or is it?
Take the challenge, take part in the @BSFA’s
DURING OLYMPUS - EASTERCON 2012
And get your tweet considered for reading out at the BSFA Awards and inclusion in future BSFA publications!
- is free to enter
- each author is allowed multiple entries
- is open to writers of any age and nationality, including professional authors and BSFA Committee members.
- Stories must be in English and must be less than 140 characters in length..
- Submissions must be original – they should be the sole work of the author/s in whose name they are submitted – and should not have previously appeared in any publication – in any language or format.
- Stories can be Science Fiction or Fantasy (and we will take a broad definition of what those terms mean).
- Stories may not feature characters/locations/ etc. that are part of other copyrighted works – i.e. nothing set in the universes of Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, etc.
- Your name should only appear in tweet form e.g. @joebloggs
- Please include the hashtag #TBSFA – which leaves 134 characters for creativity
- Simply tweet your story (including the hashtag #TBSFA as stated above, we’ll pick it up) or email to email@example.com or place a hard copy into the box available at Eastercon.
- At the end of the entry window, all entries, however delivered (tweet, email, or in the box) will be treated as granting permission to the BSFA to include in future publications.
- Entries may commence at midnight Wednesday April 4th 2012
- The closing date for submissions is midnight (GMT) on Tuesday April 10th 2012.
- The administrators reserve the right to refuse to accept or disqualify any submission:
- the administrators may, at their discretion, offer the opportunity for the author to re-submit
- The administrators will not enter into correspondence on stories. They cannot offer critiques or advice on how to get published.
- One worthy tweet will be announced as “winner” (BSFA committee members excluded) on the website after the closing date and the decisions of the administrators is final.
- If anything is unclear, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Luck & JOIN IN !
Please help us spread the word. You can download a PDF of this page to share with all your friends and colleagues.